* How do I reach Allahabad during Allahabad Kumbh Mela?
The best way it to fly to Varanasi from where you can drive to Allahabad which is not a very long drive. Otherwise, you can also reach Allahabad by train.
- Nearest international airport is Varanasi Airport/Lucknow Airport.
- Domestic airport is 'Allahabad Airport' 20 Km far from Kumbh Area.
- It will be start from 14 Jan 2019 to 04 March 2019.
- Kumbh will be held after 12 year but this is Ardh Kumbh which is going to be held after 06 year
- Government declared name Kumbh, (Speaking after the release of the Kumbh 2019's logo, the chief minister said: "This mantra from the Vedas says that there is nothing incomplete in the Hindu religion. Everything is complete in its own sense and therefore, the word 'Ardh' doesnt gel with the philosophy. So, we would be dropping the word 'Ardh' and celebrate Kumbh 2019)
- Our camp is 1.5km far from main bathing ghat (Sangam)
- Anand Bhawan, Museum, Khusrubag, Hanuman Temple, Chandra Shekhar Azad park, Company Garden, Alopi Nag.
- You can visit Mahamandleshwa, Akhara camp, meet ith naga sadhus, visit Akbar Fort, Akshay vat Mandir, Hanuman Temple, Someshwar mahadev Temple.
- It is around 08 to 09 km far from AllahabAD Railway Station to our camp.
- Naga Sadhus will stay whole duration of Kumbh but it they will come out from their camp during Shahi Snan only..
- If you wish to attaimn main event than Shahi Snan is the best time but if you will attain any of Shahi Snan you have to stay atleat 04 night because during Shahi Snan all the road will be block 02 day before and it will re open 01 day after of Shahi Snan day.
- There will be three Shahi Snan that is First Shahi snan on 14 Jan that is Makar Sankranti, Second Shahi Snan on 04 Feb 2019 (Mauni Amawasya) and Third Shahi Snan on 10 Feb 2019 that is Basant Panchami.
- If you are avoiding crowd please come during other day or other snan day, but if you wish to see Naga Sadhus please come during shahi Snan but during shahi Snan you need to stay atleast 04 night.
- Kalpwas is start from Paush Poornima till Maghi Poornima.
- Major difference is During Shahi Snan all the Naga Sadhus will take bath while during other day Naga Sadhus will not take bath.
- Ayodhya, Sarnath, chitrakoot, Varanasi, Gaya, Vindhyanchal, Khajuraho, etc.
* I have heard that motorized vehicles are banned during Kumbh mela. Is this true?
Yes, Motorized vehicles are banned during main bathing dates. Millions of people expected to visit Sangam during the bathing date, most of the border roads will be blocked to enter into the city. Even if you try to reach from the airport or station it will take several hours to reach your destination.
* Do I have to book Hotels / Train tickets / Air tickets and transport in Advance?
Can you do that for us?
Yes, It’s recommended to book your travel / train tickets in advance (Even same will be applicable for transportation). This is most recommended as the inflow of travelers traveling to Kumbh Mela would be more than the available resources.
* Word of Advice
Tourists, especially foreigners, are advised to be careful while travelling in the city after dark. Power cuts are common so carry a flashlight with you at all times. Women are advised not to dress provocatively and maintain caution while travelling.